Monday, February 3, 2014

All about 3rd grade


Well now that i'm in 3rd grade, i am learning more and more (like typing).  I have 2 teachers, Mrs. Dudnick and Mrs. Jung.  But now that Mrs. Dudnick is having a baby, I have Mr. V (short for Villanueva, or Vanilla Wafer, as us 3rd graders sometimes like to call him).  We're learning lots of math, science, social studies (which is about the early people of OC).

This is a book I got at THE biggest history lesson in the country at the Angels' Stadium.  And I have to admit it's actually told me stuff I've never learned.  My mom, too.

This is me on the first day of school.  If you notice the arm hanging down by the back of my head, it's not a gorilla...it's my dad.  He's hairy (no offense Dad, if you're reading this).


Well, math this year is simple because last year I was in Challenge Math, which taught me everything in math that I am learning this year.  It is a LOT of boringness when it comes to math.


In reading, I am reading Lord of the Rings, which is pretty thick...about um, I don't know how many inches because I didn't pay attention in math.  No, just kidding, it's about 1 to 4 inches or so.  Anyway, it's pretty long and exciting.  I've gotten much more than halfway through the book and I can't wait to finish (probably because I want to see the movies so bad).  My favorite characters are Elrond, Aragorn, and Frodo.  And Sam.  Wise Gamgee.  I'm named after him.

Well that's about it in school.  Except that at recess, I play Chinese handball.  And I hit so many balls over the fence that they had to pay $500 to get more handballs.  No not really but kind of.


4 comments:

  1. You are a very good student and I am proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying 3rd grade and doing so well even in Math:) That is awesome that you're reading Lord of the Rings. you will have to show me how Chinese handball is played the next time we're together, which I hope is soon. Love you, Gamma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I'd better read "Nothing Rhymes with Orange" so I can be better informed about the county I've lived in for 45 years! The thickness of the Lord of the Rings book intimidates me...besides it's too heavy!!! xoxo Grandma

    ReplyDelete